Episode 24: #MeToo Misused?
The MeToo movement was definitely needed, but is it suppressing male sexuality? Sarrah Rose and Erin Hickok believe that the sexual repression of women is never a good thing, but neither is the sexual repression of men. There are a lot of men of integrity out there who now prefer to shut down rather than approach a woman and potentially make a mistake. Is there a way to raise the voices of women without dragging men down?
In this episode, Sarah Rose and Erin discuss ways to build bridges and create places of healing. They emphasize open, clear communication with honesty and transparency. Start with healing and work through stress cycles. MeToo can be used for reconciliation, rather than punishment, so that both men and women can feel empowered.
“At the end of the day we all want healing.” – Sarrah Rose
In This Episode:
- Why MeToo was needed
- What happens when you suppress something
- How to start reconciling from a place of healing
- The importance of deeper conversations
- And, so much more!
- “How Spiritual People Fight” Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQgRBnqpoQw
- Erin Hickok is the founder of Games For Humanity and creator of Cards for Connection.
- You can download the full Intimacy Deck that we played on the show free for a limited time with coupon code SEXYSTORY here.
- Be sure to add yourself to Erin’s email list, so you receive invitations to private game nights and stay in the loop about fun ways to deepen your connections, and have more play and pleasure in your life!